Flipboard Lets Anyone Create Catalogs
New Shopping Category Launches With Banana Republic, Birchbox, eBay, Fab, Leviʼs® and ModCloth
Designer Cynthia Rowley, Singer Sara Evans, Chef Daniel Boulud, Actress Alyssa Milano Curate Catalogs on Flipboard
November 11th, 2013 • Palo Alto, Calif.
Today, Flipboard™ introduces a new content category for shopping in its popular personal magazine for tablets and smartphones worldwide. It features beautiful magazines filled with products to discover, collect and buy; all curated by popular brands, celebrities and Flipboard’s editorial team. Earlier this year Flipboard made it possible for people to collect articles, images and videos into their own magazines on Flipboard. With today’s launch people can now easily add products from the Flipboard shopping category or any commerce website to create their own catalogs, wish lists, lookbooks and gift guides to share with friends and family this holiday season.
There’s something for everyone in the twelve magazines curated by Flipboard’s editorial team, ranging from women’s wear to electronics to toys. In addition, celebrity curators like fashion designer Cynthia Rowley, singer Sara Evans, chef Daniel Boulud and actress Alyssa Milano curated Flipboard magazines full of their favorite products. The new category also kicks off with catalogs full of rich content from Banana Republic, Birchbox, eBay, Fab and ModCloth as well as existing partners Levi’s® and Etsy.
“By partnering with retail brands that understand the value of curation and presentation, we are able to kick off shopping with some incredible new content for our readers to browse, buy or share,” said Mike McCue, CEO Flipboard. “User studies show that people want to shop on Flipboard, and since the introduction of magazine curation, one of the most received requests is to add products to a magazine.”
With the launch of the new shopping category comes an upgraded “flip.it” button (available at http://share.flipboard.com). Installing this bookmarklet on a Web browser lets people add products to their magazines from almost any commerce site on the Web. The new flip.it button detects when someone is flipping a product and lets curators add a price tag to products they flip into their catalog. It also gives users more control over the image that shows up in a magazine.
Retail brands that want to create a shoppable experience on Flipboard can do so using the bookmarklet to curate a catalog with their products and content. For a premium brand presence on Flipboard, Flipboard offers advertising and customized brand magazines.
Start Browsing the Launch Catalogs here:
– Banana Republic: Banana Republic, The Luxe Shop, The Après Ski Shop, The Print Shop, The Black and White Shop, The Candy Shop, The Plaid Shop and The Shimmer Shop.
– Birchbox: Birchbox and Birchbox Man
– eBay: eBay, Domicile, Lucid Dreams, Bauhaus, Gastronomer, Furry Friends, Chances with Wolves, Delancey Beat, Winter Light and move.
– Fab: Fab, The Fab Holiday Gift Shop, Deck the Halls with Fab, Fly Away with Fab, Holiday Entertaining, Blu Dot x Fab, Gifts for Her, Gifts for Him, Gifts for Mom, Gifts for Dad, Gifts for Kids, Gifts for Pets, Gifts for Foodies and Gifts for Design Lovers.
– ModCloth: ModCloth, Wedding Belles, Kitschy Kitchen, Beauty School and The Craft.
Images available for download here.